Thursday, October 21, 2004

from the not so distant past... i almost forgot about this


before_the_rain
Originally uploaded by lepetitmac.
in this strange place that i have never been
the overwhelming sense of loneliness gets to me
perhaps i sought comfort in your familiarity
there's no one here with me but you
could this be what is not meant to be?
but neither of us has the courage

you are not my solace within this city
this is merely an unfortunate misunderstanding
reminding me of the past that i long to escape from
in this labyrinth of anonymity and make believe
i can only go on pretending, keeping the truth with me
fearful of the hurt that trails this feeling

let's lose ourselves here in this place
and as we leave this tragic city
we shall be freed from any recollection
as if we had awoken from a dream
filled with faceless and nameless people
and insignificant encounters
disappearing in an instance

*image courtesy of sel

No comments: